Summary: Learn how to sign up for ReadyTalk teleconference service and how to set up a conference call using ReadyTalk.
In the right place? If you don't have off-campus participants, you may want to use the Conference Call Feature on digital, analog or Cisco IP phones.
New ReadyTalk Features
- ReadyTalk for the iPad
Conference participants can now access a web conference via their iPad
- iReach Integration
Enables clients to easily and cost effectively create and distribute a press release about an upcoming webinar.
- Webinar Surveys
The ability to email a custom survey after a webinar.
- Video Clip Playback
Easily upload and stream short video clips providing a rich web conferencing experience.
Table of Contents
Order ReadyTalk Services
Campus Departments order ReadyTalk services direct from ReadyTalk and will be billed directly, paying with their Palcard.
- To sign up for ReadyTalk service, contact Kim Morse at 303-209-1624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or the ReadyTalk help desk at 800-843-9166.
- Kim will explain the options for setting up your account, how the billing cycle works, and how charges are posted to your credit card.
- Kim will set up service for individual clients at your direction. She will need the following information for each client.
- Campus telephone number
- Campus email address.
- Within 24 hours, each client will receive a welcome email message from UCI's ReadyTalk Account Manager with an access code and password, instructions for getting started with ReadyTalk services, PDF User Guides, a link to online training (Adobe Flashplayer 10 required) and a toll free number for the ReadyTalk 24 hour Customer Care.
- A client may begin using ReadyTalk services upon receiving the welcome email message.
Learn About ReadyTalk Conferences and Support Functions
- Visit the ReadyTalk Web site (http://readytalk.com) and use the tabs for instructions and training guides.
- Services tab:
Brief descriptions of ReadyTalk’s services. Note that prices on the Web site are not applicable as UCI has special rates.
- Support & Training Tab
- Sign up for a live training session or access recorded sessions
- User Guides, quick reference card
- Download your login information
- View system requirements
- Download Quick Launcher, Outlook Scheduler
- New! ReadyTalk Quicklauncher
- Start and Join ReadyTalk Web Meetings with a single click.
- Start an Audio Meeting by having the audio bridge dial you into your meeting.
- Launch ReadyTalk’s full service Conference Center to manage your scheduled meetings.
- Invite others to your Web and Audio Meetings.
- The ReadyTalk Quick Launcher resides in your taskbar and is available any time you want to start, join or invite someone to a meeting.
Decide on the Type of Conference and Any Additional Services
- Conference types:
- Audio conference
- The most cost-effective at less than 3 cents per minute per participant
- Maximum of 96 participants. If you have more participants, contact ReadyTalk at (800) 843-9166.
- Reserved, or Operator-Assisted
- Contact ReadyTalk at (800) 843-9166.
- Web conference
- No additional cost
- Deliver visual content and interactive presentations to your meeting.
- Additional conference services: See ReadyTalk’s Online User Guide (http://www.readytalk.com/sites/default/files/docs/support-training/ReadyTalkUserGuide.pdf) for more information, or contact ReadyTalk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- Record your conference for less than 3 cents per minute.
- Order Archive Hosting for 20 cents per month (this includes unlimited replays of your recordings.
Plan Your Teleconference
- Decide on the date and time. (Consider time zones.)
- Contact participants ahead of time and give them the following information:
- U.S. toll-free number (or international toll-free number if you’re paying for the long distance charges for your international participants, or provide them with the toll number if you prefer that they pay the toll charges)
- 7-digit access code
- Specify whether it is an audio conference, or both audio and Web. If there is a Web component, give participants the URL: http://www.readytalk.com.
They can join the meeting by typing the 7 digit access code in the Join a Meeting box on the Home Page.
Participate in the Teleconference
- Call the phone number given to you by the host to join the conference at the arranged date and time. Remember to log on to ReadyTalk if the conference includes Web participation.
- As a host, enter your 7-digit access code, press * on your phone keypad when prompted, then enter your passcode to start the conference.
- As a participant, simply enter the given 7-digit access code when prompted.
Note: To enable the touch-tone feature on your digital multi-button phone, press 9 before entering the 7-digit access code.
Contact one of the following:
- For Billing and Basic Help Questions: ReadyTalk Support at (800) 843-9166
- ReadyTalk’s customer service line, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at (800) 843-9166 or (303) 209-1600
- ReadyTalk’s account representative, Kim Morse, (303) 209-1624