Subscribing to IMAP Folders
Summary: IMAP allows you to create folders
on the server. Spam folders are also stored on the server. Use these instructions
to subscribe to your IMAP folders if they are not showing up automatically.
- Click on the Folders link at the top of the page.
- Under the Unsubscribe/Subscribe section, select one or more
Windows - Control click to select multiple folders. Shift click to select
Macintosh - Command click to select multiple folders. Shift click to select
- When finished, click Subscribe.
- Click refresh folder
list in the blue Folders section
and your subscribed folders should appear.
Eudora for Windows
- Make sure that Eudora is showing you your IMAP mailbox list by going
to Tools > Mailboxes.
A list of mailboxes should appear in the left
margin of the Eudora window.
- Right click on the heading of Dominant
(or any other IMAP account heading) and select Refresh
Mailbox List from the contextual menu.
- The mailbox list will be updated to show any additional
folders that were created outside of the Eudora email program.
Eudora for Macintosh
- From Eudora’s Window menu, select Mailboxes.
- Click the right-pointing
triangle to the left of Dominant (or another account if you have more
than one) to reveal the available IMAP folders.
- Click on the far right
icon at the bottom of the mailbox list and select, Refresh
Mailbox List from the menu.
- The updated list of IMAP folders should now be displayed.
- With Outlook open, click Tools then IMAP
- Click the Query button.
- Select the folder you would like to subscribe to and click the subscribe
- Click OK. The list of your subscribed folders appears in the Mail
- With Outlook Express open, click Tools then IMAP
- Select the folder
you would like to subscribe to and click the show button.
- Click OK. The
list of your subscribed folders appears in the Mail window
Macintosh OS X Mail
- Go to Mail > Preferences and select Accounts.
your email account and click the Advanced tab.
- Place a check next to the
option to Automatically synchronize changed mailboxes.
- Close the Preferences and save the changes when prompted.
- Quit Mail and relaunch it. If
you mailbox list is not showing, go to the View menu and select Show
Mailboxes and click on the right-pointing triangle to the left of your account
heading to reveal your IMAP folders.
Mozilla Mail & Thunderbird
- A list of mailboxes should appear in the left margin of the your window with the IMAP account name above it.
- Right click on the IMAP account name and select Subscribe.
- Select the folder
you would like to subscribe to and click the Subscribe button. Click Ok.